2005-06-02

Yawn...

An odd day. First off, my socks smelled. Secondly, I didn't wake up until almost two, and thirdly, I was really grumpy all day long.

I guess the grumpyness can be explained fairly reasonably.
When I finally woke up, I rose to see that Guild Wars still (ordered Saturday) hadn't arrived. So I got ahead with breakfast, and roamed the house for my XP CD. After a while I gave up, and headed for my mum's place (on my way out, I checked the mail again, and discovered that more mail had come, but still no Guild Wars). At my mum's place I interrogated my younger brother only to learn that my father had the XP CD. So I went back home, found my XP CD right where it was said to be, and kicked up my computer. Spent an hour and a half partitioning, installing, rebooting, repartitioning, installing, etc... CRC errors on the CD and whatnot.

I checked the post office a couple of times, just in case Guild Wars was delivered as a package and not a letter, but no luck. I guess I'll have it in my hands tomorrow (about two-two thirty), or some day this week.

Explaining the late awakening is a bit more tricky, but since it is my first day with no deadlines looming for a very long time, I guess it's just my body's way of telling me I'm exhausted and need to take a few days off. Which I will try to do, of course. That's where Guild Wars comes in. Along with my Black Company books, my camera, my best friend and his dog.

Other than that, I punched three 2GB SCSI disks into, and downloaded and installed CVS on Chamyel and I'm hoping to understand how to use it as a central storage for my projects and to help me keep track of my source code versions. Hopefully I won't make such a big mess with several copies of the same file all over my drives any more (I have 11 different versions of my statistikk.php; my contribution to my group project in WEB/System Development).

Saturday there's a birthday party for my friend Monica; she turns 18 in a week. Me, my best friend and my fiancee ordered two CDs from a band we know she like, hope to see at least one of them arrive before Saturday. I guess I'll see if I can stay Saturday night over at my sister's place, as the last train has been said to leave from Oslo less than an hour after I've planned my arrival there. I love NSB.

Also, I seem to be ranting on about totally uninteresting stuff here lately, but now that I come to think about it, that is what I always do. Not much of interest ever comes from my mouth, I think. Except for the occational "Jeg holdt på å tange i dørkarmen" (no, there's no s in front of tange, and yes, it's a "you had to be there").

Edit:
I mentioned Chamyel up there somewhere... Chamyel is the hostname one of my computers. I will make a listing of my computers with pics and specs when I get around to it. I don't care if you don't care.

No comments: