Ah, seems like we're just about done with our projects... More or less finished the Object Oriented Programming group project; an application that acts as a web server and a shopping list maintainer. Also, I did a few hours work on a System Development / Web group project, more or less faultproofing my module for displaying statistically interresting data, such as what gender or nationality were the guests at a hostel during a specific time period. I feel quite bad for not being able to put more effort into it, but there's not much effort left in me...
Now that the projects are done and all that remains are exams, I've decided to do my formatting and reinstalling. I cleaned out about 150GBs of rubbish data last weekend, and all that is left fits squarely inside 3 x 32GB and a 15GB FAT32 partition (for Linux rw access). So I now have 360GB to spare and hardly a thing to fill them. I'm merely installing Windows XP Pro for Guild Wars, and Slackware X Linux for everything else.
I'm really anxious to see how my digital camera will go along with Linux, but I suppose I'll live even if it doesn't. Rebooting to toss a few hundred megs of pictures around every now and then is, after all, endurable. Besides, I think I'm going to try reviving my laptop some time soon. See if I can get the hang of connecting to a remote X...
Rawr, and all the projects I have in mind! A vibrator-alert built into my keyboard to notify me of highlights on IRC, LED display mounted on my keyboard to show line numbers or, as Lunatic suggested, pages (i.e. Page 18/178), 4x7-segment display to show the time left until a crontab entry kicks in... Not to mention my audio amplifier project or my plans of learning how to use CVS, and of course, the one and only TODO-application...
I suppose this summer is so full of things to do that I won't be able to do anything at all. But hey, isn't that what summers are all like? There's no illustration so clear of just that as the immortal Calvin & Hobbes.
Anyway, enough ranting; my format's complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment